Fico Finance was formed by the 2004 merger of Waimea Finance (est. 1987) and Fico Finance (est. 1998).
We exist for one reason, to make borrowing money as Fast, Easy and Banker Free.
In the majority of cases you will have a decision on your loan application within 24 hours. That's because you deal directly with the decision maker at Fico. If it's going to take longer than this we'll let you know.
Your loan application is treated on its own merits. We know the 'real world' of personal loans and have a solid understanding of finances in the business world - so you get our experience, understanding, and the best rate possible. Paperwork's kept to the legal minimum, we're open to discussions if your circumstances change and always keen to hear suggestions about how we can make things even easier for you.
The Board at Fico Finance Limited consists of the principal shareholders plus a senior partner of a well known national solicitors firm. There's a vast knowledge of shared business experience here, well over 40 years worth. And most importantly, there's not a single banker amongst them.
Fico Finance Directors
Brent G Ferguson - Chairman.
Geoff Lawes - CEO.
Paul Le Gros.
Scott Dodd - Managing Director.
- 1987 - Waimea Finance established to finance Brent Ferguson Motors clients.
- 1995 - Waimea Finance begins lending to the general public.
- 1998 - Waimea Finance opens its office in Queen Street, Richmond. Fico Finance is established.
- 2004 - Waimea Finance and Fico Finance merge.
- 2005 - Fico Finance staff move to Queen Street, Richmond.
- 2006 - Fico Finance takes over the Nelson Finance Centre.
- 2008 - Fico Finance consolidate their operation on the first floor of Alma House, Nelson.
- 2010 - Fico Finance announce their naming sponsorship of the Nelson Giants.
- 2013 - Fico Finance moves to new premises at 173 Hardy Street, Nelson.